Wednesday, May 25, 2022

SIMPLEST SUDOKU SOLVE IN THE WORLD FOR THE HARDEST SUDOKU SET EVER (?) !!!

 I discovered the simplest Sudoku solve possible for years now, but I didn't give it much attention before; that is until I realized lately its plausible implications when I learned Sudoku is one of the mainstream examples of P vs NP problem. I think my correspondence with Mr. Cunningham (he developed the first wiki in the world) weeks ago explains everything about it. I only had to add a few more notes to that PDFed correspondence:

1- Yes, I really didn't know who Mr. Cunningham was until I started googling him when I finished with the first email. I hope he was okay with that, I also hope he understood from my lateral brute force procedure of working I explained to him why I didn't know who he was.

2- Yes, I referred to him by his first name, I did it to increase the chances of him seeing my email by wrapping it up in a little informality to make it look I may be one of his acquaintances, but he ended up actually overwhelming me with his overdelivery & passion <3.

3- Yes, I wrote too much on my second email, I did it because in one hand I'm a little bit compulsive and perfectionist, so I had to mention all the intricacies about the solve; and on the other hand I wasn't sure if Mr. Cunningham will answer my email again or if he will even see it in the first place, so better put out there everything and hope for the best (and again: even for someone with his status, he actually took time to answer me).

4- The question that Mr. Cunningham asks in his wiki and repeats on my email is quite interesting and very hard to tackle in its totality as -for me- solving a blank Sudoku seems easier than taking a solved Sudoku, empty some of its boxes, and start looking for other possible solves aside from the initial one. It actually reminds me of the factorization problem where multiplying is easier than factorization, that's possibly why Sudoku and factorization are some of the common examples of the P vs NP problem.

5- Because Mr. Cunningham didn't keep answering inside the same email grid, I couldn't make one single print to the whole thread, thus I separately converted each email to a pdf, wrote number orders and converted them to a pdf, then finally combined everything in one pdf using a pdf combiner web tool.

Note: I finally found an LCD handheld Sudoku game that has the same feature -& even better ones- as the one I used to have that allowed me to find this solution; so I obviously did a video of it & sent it to Mr. Cunnigham.


I’m still waiting for him to reply; hopefully he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment